Celebrate September 26th’s National Public Lands Day with a volunteer trail work event in Santa Barbara!
This year Santa Barbara’s Front Country Trails Program (Forest Service, County, and City) and local trail maintenance organizations (SBMTV!) will be hosting a volunteer trail work day on the upper section of the Cold Springs Trail in Santa Barbara.
Volunteers will be led by trained crew leaders to clear brush and improve the trail tread to the benefit of all users and to reduce impacts on the surrounding environment.
Come on out and participate! Your hard work will be rewarded with amazing views, an improved trail, and a free lunch to boot!
– Date: Satuday September 26th
– Time: 9:00am – 3:00pm
– Meet/Sign up: 9:00am upper Cold Spring trailhead on East Camino Cielo (Cold Springs Saddle)
– Bring: water, snacks, sunscreen, long pants, sturdy shoes, helmet, gloves
– Supplied to volunteers: tools, hardhats, gloves, instruction, leadership
– Lunch: 2:00pm upper Cold Springs trail head on East Camino Cielo
– Optional: carpool available from Mission Rose Gardens 8:00am
For questions, information, or to RSVP – please email frontcountrytrails@santaba
Event Date and Time: Saturday, September 26, 2015 – 9:00am – 3:00pm
Contact: Chris Orr